Chances is the grant fund available from Lifetimes Charity.
We are interested in funding projects which clearly results in demonstrable outcomes for necessitous parents with children under 13 years of age who reside in the Borough of Wandsworth.
This fund is created by Lifetimes and grants of up to £5000 are available. Information relating to any projects funded may form part of Lifetimes social policy reports.
Organisations must fulfil the criteria listed below in order to be successful in their grant application
- Clear evidence of the need must be shown in the application
- Voluntary organisations must be based in the London Borough of Wandsworth or clearly delivering services within the London Borough of Wandsworth.
- All beneficiaries must live in the London Borough of Wandsworth.
- Voluntary organisations must be properly constituted and supply copies of their constitution, details of their Board of Trustees or Management Committee structure.
- Voluntary organisations must have correct policies in place for the activities they carry out i.e. child protection, equal opportunities, DBS checks for volunteers and staff.
- Voluntary organisations must hold their own bank account with a minimum of 2 signatories.
- Voluntary organisations must be able to provide management accounts or audited accounts (these must be no older than 15 months).
- Referees may be requested in support of your application.
We do not normally fund statutory organisations, flat rate management costs or overhead costs not in proportion or directly linked to the project applied for. We do not fund organisations with income over £150k per annum; unless this project may be of special interest to Lifetimes.
If your organisation meets these criteria, please complete an Application Form and send it to email@example.com in line with the application funding deadlines.
Next funding deadline 30th June 2017
2,500 local people benefit from a Lifetimes “Chance”
Using our in-depth knowledge of grant funding, Lifetimes set up their own scheme in 2008 to assist necessitous parents with children under 13 years of age living in the Borough of Wandsworth. Chances ( the grant giving arm of Lifetimes Charity) has donated over £120,000 of their own money to projects benefitting necessitous parents since 2008.
Putting OUR money into needed services in the Borough of Wandsworth.
In many instances the funding has been given to small voluntary sector groups based in the borough, who although they provide much needed grassroots services are turned away by the main funding trusts.
In total, over 2,500 residents have received education, training, help and support via charities and community groups funded by Chances.
Here is an outline of some of the people helped:
Activity breaks for 32 children from some of the most needy families have been paid for by Chances with another 16 being funded for later on in 2015. These children have been referred to outside agencies by Social services etc.
We supported 120 parents with severely disabled children by providing payment for specialist teachers
We funded advice and support work to 883 individuals through local charities working in areas of domestic violence, refugee and disability and “at risk” families.
We supported and taught 818 children and parents with the provision of funding for after school education, parenting classes, Esol lessons and crèche facilities, as well as funding equipment for specialised education areas
We encouraged volunteering which would benefit 305 families by funding the employment of volunteer co-ordinators to train more volunteers
We have funded equipment to reach out to 230 people equipping rooms with specialist furniture, ICT equipment for newsletters and also paid for meeting spacse for charities and voluntary sector groups so that they can inform their members and beneficiaries;.
Direct aid given to charitable organisations which helped 200 residents.